Position: Lead Instructor
Organization: SRG Force Sports
School Site: Cameron Elementary School
School District: San Antonio Independent School District
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Lead Instructor – Becoming A Better You After School Enrichment Program
SRG Force Sports (SFS) is committed to providing quality, organized, and structured programs that will enhance the overall development of children and youth through the power of sports to: promote physical fitness, enhance social mobility, and educate young minds in an empowering learning environment. SRG Force Sports’, Becoming A Better You Program is a school-based, after school enrichment program that is aimed to narrow the achievement and opportunity gaps that exist in the urban core school system by extending the traditional learning day for underserved students living within targeted zones.
Essential Duties and Functions:
A lead instructor is responsible for the supervision and management of their after school classroom while supporting SFS goals and outcomes. The lead instructor will follow the program’s daily schedule, ensure the safety and physical well-being of the children, and maintain regular communication with their parents and the site coordinator. Additionally, a lead instructor is expected to provide input on the effectiveness of the program and scheduled activities. All suggestions and recommendations by the lead instructor must be made in writing and submitted to the site coordinator on campus.
- Follow assigned program schedule and curriculum objectives.
- Meet weekly with partner instructors to review plans for following week.
- Meet weekly or as needed with site coordinator to review and log lesson plans, and account for materials needed for the following week.
- Keep accurate record of daily activities within the program schedule.
- Provide input in writing.
- Use pre-program time to plan long and short-range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives and program goals.
- Provide for a safe and healthy surroundings.
- Create activities that are supportive to different cultures and backgrounds.
- Ensure all children in the program are tracked according to SFS expectations.
- Communicate the effectiveness of the program’s academic needs of the children assigned to you with the site coordinator.
- Engage children that allows them to grow at their own abilities.
- Support children in their emotional and physical growth.
- Assist children in their academics (encourage literacy and math skills).
- Maintain daily, open communication with parents.
- Complete appropriate paperwork to assist with parent/instructor communication.
- Communicate child concerns with the parents and site coordinator.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 21 years of age or older
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field
- CPR certified
- Experience in classroom instruction
Part-time, up to 15 hours each week 3:20pm – 6:20pm Monday through Friday during the school year.
Hourly rate will be based on qualifications and experience.